Friday, August 17, 2007

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya!

It is enough to make me want to grab a tambourine and join the evangelicals .... the nominations are in for the National Secular Society's "secularist of the year" and the candidates include Johann "I was wrong" Hari, Oliver Kamm, and Peter Tatchell. I can forgive them Hari and Tatchell (that most decent of Decents) but Kamm?

"He is an example of the new alignment of the old “left-right” categories in politics,..."

I think they once said the same of Oswald Mosley.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OT I'm sorry, but thought you might find this interesting

http://decentpedia.blogspot.com/

8/17/2007 03:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err what has Tatchell done to warrant forgiveness?

8/17/2007 07:22:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Reminds me of Al Franken's comment when Charles Colson was awarded 'Layperson Of The Year' by some Christian group in the US: "I'd be pissed as hell if I was the runner up".

I was amused that they linked to Kamm's wikipedia article given his hostility to wiki.

8/17/2007 08:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just noticed some Decentist groupies are trying t insert an absurdly biased accoujnt of the Hari-Cohen row into Hari's wikipedia entry. I have corrected it for now but is there any way you guys couold post a link to the wiki entry and appeal for readers to fight back against this? I have been fighting against loons on this page for ages and it's getting a bit wearing, I could do with some back up...

8/19/2007 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon, I have a Wiki account and have noticed the blatantly biased edits to Hari's page over the last couple of weeks from Cohen partisans, though I haven't edited the article myself. I will go over there and try and help sort matters out when I get the chance.

8/21/2007 12:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mark B! Much apprecitaed...

8/23/2007 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home