Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dave Gets Anti-Semitic Mail

Here, from someone called "bfrank" apparently. I am not a big fan of this - it seems to me to be lazy blogging and there is always the danger that you're implicitly claiming that what you print is representative of what you get. But, interesting withal as it's a pretty clear statement of Aaro's relationship with the Jewish religion. I had a half-baked theory that he might have been idly thinking of developing more of an interest in his Jewish heritage about six months ago as part of the general "get fit, lose weight, change job, sort my life out" kick he appeared to be on, but looking through my archives I have to confess I can't work out why I thought this at the time. I think maybe one of my mates who is a bit like Aaro was doing something similar, or maybe it was just that he started publishing the JC columns on his blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Dave pull that same kind of stunt when he was at the Guardian as part of his general support for That Bloody War? Isn't it merely a result of the fact his name isn't Smith (or Michael Howard)?

8/02/2006 04:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure. I do recall a Nick Cohen col in which he discussed his anti-Semitic hatemail, but Aaro might have done it too. To be honest, if I got a lot of anti-Semitic hatemail I'd probably mention the fact, but just printing it and saying "here's my response" is really lazy blogging

8/03/2006 05:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home