Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Watching the detectives ...

And in our continued quest to turn "watching" into a trend, here's MCB Watch, keeping an eye on perennial Nick 'n' Dave betes noires the Muslim Council of Britain. Personally I am less inclined that they are to regard the MCB as a fifth column of fundamentalists, but they seem reasonably fact based (the same cannot be said of commenters there, health warning) and they haven't blamed anything on "the liberal left" in the last few weeks so I heartily recommend them as an alternative source to the Decent Punditocracy if you're in the market for low-strength Islamophobia.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Rioja Kid said...

fair enough but I call 'em as I see 'em; they (and MPAC) are the political voice of Islam and you're phobic about them. I'd view it as a description no more loaded than "Europhobe" to describe an opponent of the EU. I also think that it's a bit unfair to ignore the context for the MCB's reflexive defensiveness; they have a lot to be defensive about.

8/16/2005 09:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Islamoscepticism" if you like.

8/17/2005 04:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home