Monday, August 01, 2005

Completism

Brief mention of Aaro in the Furediites' version of The Watchtower.

and a tribute from Amanda Platell, the unthinking man's Julie Burchill:

Now I know I'm in a minority, but I like David Aaronovitch, and I like him even more for having had the guts to bare all on the cover of the Guardian's Weekend magazine. The headline, "How fat camp saved my life", sat on top of his naked, Santa-like stomach and butted his breasts. His critics say it takes a great ego to expose oneself in this way. I think it takes great courage, at more than 18 stone.

Minor factual courtesy of AW: actually he kept his pants on.
Update And thinking about it, unless the photo was taken a long time ago (pre fat-camp), Aaro actually weighed about 17 stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home